Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Clinical Support Tools Available
DCoE led the development of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Defense Department (DoD) posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) clinical support tools to help providers comply with the “VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Post-traumatic Stress.” These tools bring together important resources for providers, patients and family members which support comprehensive, evidence-based treatment of PTSD.
The tools, which contain recommendations on screening, diagnosis, psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy, referrals, and patient and family education, comprise:
- “Understanding Posttraumatic Stress Disorder”
- “VA/DoD Essentials for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Provider Tool”
- “Implementing the 2010 VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for Post-traumatic Stress: A Guide for Clinic Leaders”
- “Experiencing Posttraumatic Stress Disorder as a Family: A Guide to Thrive”
- “Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Pocket Guide”
The tools are available for download at the U.S. Army Medical Department website (under the Health Care Team menu on the left), for order on the U.S. Army Medical Department shopping cart website, and on the Department of Veterans Affairs website.