DVBIC November Webinar Revisits TBI Global Synapse Expert Panel
By Diana Moon, DCoE Public Affairs on November 15, 2013
The Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) will host its next webinar, “TBI Global Synapse Town Hall: Your TBI Information Connection,” from 2:30 to 4 p.m. (EST) Nov. 20.
The town hall event follows up DVBIC’s virtual conference held in August, “Traumatic Brain Injury Global Synapse: A Summit Without Borders.” The ground-breaking, multidisciplinary training event, for Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs and Military Health System health care providers, stressed the practicality of bridging divides within a global health provider community to share TBI best practices. DVBIC continues the conversation in a town hall setting with subject matter experts who will address selected questions from the summit and questions submitted during this webinar relating to TBI assessment and screening; symptom management - pain, headache, sleep disturbance; management of the complex patient; and the role of rehabilitation therapy.
Presenters will help participants to:
- Describe the incidence of mild TBI and persistent post-concussion symptoms
- Identify evidence-based strategies for symptom management in various clinical settings
- Identify resources and education tools to develop an interdisciplinary treatment plan
- Explain strategies for patients to overcome obstacles for a successful reintegration
- Promote the expectation of recovery in the acute phase of recovery from concussion
- Army Col. Sidney R. Hinds, M.D, M.C.
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center national director
- Lt. Cmdr. Cathleen Shields, M.S., CCC-SLP/CBIS
U.S. Public Health Service
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center acting director of education
- Stephanie N. Maxfield-Panker, P.T., Ph.D., DPT, OCS
Office of the Army Surgeon General, Rehabilitation and Reintegration Division Defense Health Headquarters, TBI acting program director
Continuing education is not available for this event.
Register for the webinar.
The primary platform for this event is Defense Connect Online. Audio is not provided via Defense Connect Online. For audio, please dial: CONUS 800-857-1133, participant passcode: DCOE, International 773-681-5904, participant passcode: DCOE
To receive webinar announcements, sign up for email updates at https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USMHSDCOE/subscriber/new.
News Categories: Traumatic Brain Injury, DCoE, resources, research