Using webinar technologies requires preparation and planning on the part of the meeting host and participants. These instructions and tips will help you prepare for and participate in DCoE Webinars.
Choose Your Platform
Both Adobe Connect and Defense Collaboration Services (DCS) are used to simultaneously host our webinars. You only need to login to one of these sites to join, and earn credits for, the webinar. Defense Collaboration Services requires a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) token or a Common Access Card (CAC) for access. Please note that Defense Collaboration Services (DCS) doesn’t provide video, closed captioning, and polling question capabilities that are available in Adobe Connect.
Test Your Computer System
Prior to the webinar, test your computer system to ensure you will not have issues joining the Web conference the day of the webinar. Please visit the following links to test your system:
System Requirements (Participant):
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), 8.0 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later; Windows Edge browser; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 13.0+
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 13.0+
- Ubuntu 14.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 13.1
- No Add-in support for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in the browser.
- Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 13.0+
- Citrix XenApp 7.5
- Apple supported devices: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad with Retina display, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (4th & 5th generations)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 6 and higher
- Android supported devices: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S3 & S4, Nexus 7 tablet
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.3.4 and higher
- On Android devices, the Adobe Connect Mobile 2.1 app no longer requires the Adobe AIR Runtime to be installed
- All features of Adobe Connect Mobile are supported when attending meetings on Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 and higher, from a supported mobile device
- New features added in Adobe Connect Mobile 2.1 may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect Server meetings running on an 8.1 or older server
- Meeting server must be Adobe Connect 7.5.1 or higher in order to use Adobe Connect Mobile 2.1
Know Your Environment
Get familiar with the online meeting room environment. Once logged into the meeting, you will notice Adobe Connect displays the conference content in various pods:
- The right side of the screen displays presentations.
- The left side of the screen provides an area for questions and answers -- all questions posted are viewed by hosts and presenters. Please use the question pod to ask technical questions. For technical support, please see the “Test your Computer System”section above.
Check Your Audio
Use the dial-in information, from your invitation, to access audio for the webinar as audio is not provided through the computer. The dial-in information is also available in the Notes Pod in the Adobe Connect room. You must dial the telephone line in addition to joining the Web conference to have audio.
- Please inform the operator of how many additional people are present during the webinar (For example say 4 if there are a total of 5 participants listening to the webinar)
Call for Help
For technical assistance during the conference, call your platform’s helpdesk:
- Adobe Connect: call 800-422-3623
- Defense Collaboration Services, call DSN 844-347-2457 or see the PDF: DISA Defense Enterprise Computing Center Service Desk Contact Information